Thursday, May 14, 2015

Adobe Slate is "For the Birds"


Described as a way to "..transform your next book report, newsletter or travel adventure into a delightful read on any device..", Adobe Slate is a brand-new iPad app that helps users put together multimedia photo essays in just a handful of minutes.

I would describe it as "plug-and-play". Slate is an extremely user-friendly app (effectively dummy-proof), and you don't need anything more than photos and some text to create a cool, parallax-esque, multimedia article. My only gripe is that I wish I could import video as well as photos, but hopefully, that's on the way soon (especially since Adobe Voice, Adobe's "plug-and-play" video creation program, was launched around the same time).

To test out the app, I dug up the text and photos from a couple of my old "For the Birds" articles, and recomposed them into Adobe Slate Stories. The results are below (and were a lot easier to create than my original PDF articles).

Overall, Slate is a fun app for photo-geeks, and I'm looking forward to using it again on more stories.

Almost Home Training to Trust

No comments:

Post a Comment