Friday, March 10, 2017

Barefoot Workshops with Ron Haviv

Last month, I attended Barefoot Workshops in Clarksdale, Mississippi. Class was instructed by one of my favorite photojournalists, Ron Haviv of VII! It's the first photojournalism workshop I've been able to attend, and I'm so grateful for the experience!


During the week-long workshop, we chose a local subject to document. Then, we selected our best (and favorite) shots, and put together a slideshow presentation. The last day of the workshop, each of us presented our work to the community, including the people we documented.


For my project, I followed Mark 'River' Peoples, a river guide for Quapaw Canoe Company in Clarksdale. Mark is a staple in the community, and spends much of his free time volunteering with children. See my final presentation, "River Peoples" below..


Photographer: © 2017 Megan Wolfe
Workshop: 2017 (February) - 1-Week Documentary Photography in The Mississippi Delta with Barefoot Workshops 
Instructor: Ron Haviv

No comments:

Post a Comment