Monday, October 19, 2015

Chicago Sabbatical & iPhone Photos

This September, I took a trip to Chicago on a work-sabbatical. My goal was to examine the work I've done this year, and to question whether or not I'm still on track. If not, I went prepared to audit my time and draft a new plan for 2016. Happily, it didn't come to that. I can report that things are right where I need them for next year. I just have to be patient, and forge ahead.

But aside from the serious stuff, I took plenty of time to experiment with my iPhone street photography. With subjects so readily available, I couldn't waste a moment. Brisk walks to morning coffee were opportunities to learn about form, and sculpting light. I crave the day I'll have that again on a permanent basis.

Here's some of the street photos I shared on Instagram during my trip. These were initially shot with the old-school Hipstamatic260, and later texturized / tinted with Mextures. I usually don't go this far with editing, but I wanted to try accentuating the story of each image. Over all, I think they're successful and fun, but I probably won't make heavy-editing a habit.


No comments:

Post a Comment